Airat Tagirovich Karimov
Pianist and composer, Honored Art Worker of the Republic of Bashkortostan (Russia, 1995)
- Graduated from the Urals State Conservatoire M. P. Mussorgsky as a "Classical Concert Pianist" in the class of prof. I.Renzin.
- Graduate in the specialty of „Composition“ in Ufa State Institute of Arts in the class of prof. Z.Ismagilov.
- Solo performances
- Artistic and musical director of the Band "Donskie Rebyata"
- Head of instrumental Band "Irandek"
- Head of the musical section of the Russian Drama Theater
Airat Karimov had a great influence on the development of pop music in Bashkiria. He was the first to introduce new genres in professional music: tango, jazz-waltz, waltz-boston, boogie-woogie, bossa-nova, jazz-ballad...
The Works include:
Ballet "Abduction of a Girl", Symphonic poem "46 Soldiers, "Concerto Rhapsody for Piano and Orchestra" and other works for symphony orchestra.
Choral poem "Carousel" and concert arrangements of Bashkir folk songs for chorus.
Instrumental and chamber music. Romances and songs. Piano music for children and young people.
Music for theater productions, including: "Don César de Bazan" (P.F.Dumanoir/A.P. d'Ennery), "Le Médecin malgré lui" (Molière) and many others. Author of Soundtracks for documentary Films.
Music by Airat Karimov are heard on radio and TV, and is in the repertoire of musicians of different genres around the world.